Artisanal Fishing Tour with Natives
33 years of experience
The artisanal fishing tour with the natives of La Boquilla is the perfect excursion to do during a day near Cartagena in which you will learn different fishing techniques, set traps, learn about the ecosystem, and how to cook a typical fried fish lunch , coconut rice, plantains and salad at the home of the native fishermen.
Time and place of departure:
7:00 am - Pick up at hotels in the North and tourist area.
Time and place of return:
2:00 pm - Historic Center and the hotels in the North Zone.
The artisan fishing tour adventure begins at 8:00 am at our meeting point in the city of Cartagena. From there we will go to La Boquilla, where we will be arriving at 8:30 am. Immediately we will board a typical canoe to start our fishing trip until 10:45 am. We will rest a bit and at 11:00 am, we will accompany the natives of La Boquilla to prepare a delicious and typical lunch with whatever we have caught, which can be; depending on our luck, a tarpon, sea bass, lebranche or crab. At 2:00 pm we will embark on our private vehicle to return to Cartagena and finish our artisan fishing tour.
What does include
What does not include
- It is important to wear comfortable clothing that can get wet.
- Wear comfortable shoes that can get wet.
- Bring a hat or cap, a quick-drying, low-volume towel, sunscreen, and sunglasses.
- Bring a bottle of water or a thermos.
- Carry identification documents.
- Bring medications prescribed by your doctor, the guides are not authorized to prescribe or provide them.