8 Tips for trekking
Trekking is an activity that has gained millions of followers in recent years around the world, especially in Colombia , where there are some of the best places to trek in Latin America.
One of the reasons why this activity has become so popular is that it is an experience of connection with nature and the perfect opportunity to discover surprising places, full of mystery and unparalleled beauty; places that are in the most hidden corners of our country.
The trekking ; Like any other physical activity, it brings a series of health benefits . Among them is that it improves posture and stability; favors your cardiovascular health; helps control diabetes, stress and being overweight.
Tips for trekking
- The first rule and recommendation for trekking is never to go on a solo excursion. Always try to be accompanied by at least one other person.
- Always carry survival tools like flashlight, lighter, first aid kit, etc.
- Take your mobile device to communicate. You may find yourself on a route where you will not have a signal all the time, but once you get it, try to report to your loved ones.
- One of the most important tips for trekking is to do it with the proper equipment; that is, shoes with good grip, waterproof clothing and if possible a trekking pole . It is also useful that you carry an ideal backpack for this type of activity.
- Do not forget to bring items to protect yourself from the sun such as glasses, sunscreen and a cap or hat. Also remember to bring a mosquito repellent.
- Try to go as light of luggage as possible.
- Bring enough hydration for the road or isotonic drinks, as well as bars, nuts, fruits or cookies to recover energy. Of course, do not wait until you are thirsty to drink water.
- And last but not least, remember to be a responsible traveler ; take care of nature, do not pollute, do not make bonfires that endanger the fauna and flora of the place and return with you all the waste you made on your visit.